I was happy with how everything turned out in the kiln yesterday. I'm still re firing some old stuff and putting in some leftovers. I had a request for some urns a fews weeks ago that I needed to get down and here are the plates that I've been reporting on over the last few weeks or so. I like this amber and aqua combination and I think the form and sprigs work fairly well also. For some reason there is a purple cast on this photo, which is not on the plates just in case anyone had a question about that. The other night at Clayworks I showed all my fellow bloggers my poor, old camera. Soon it will be my birthday and perhapse I can sweet talk my family into a contribution towards a nice new one. I have hope!
Please...give your input if you have one to share about the plates.
Yesterday a took a trip into Charlotte to pick up some raw materials I need for tests. Once I got everything home last night I realised how I really hate all the bags of "dust" I have in my glaze shed and thought I may be in need of some plastic bins. On the way back from school drop off this morning I visited my favorite cheap store Dollar General and got a ton of plastic containers real cheap. Score! Hopefully today between making a few things, I may get involved with some re-organization and cleaning up a bit. ( Joey loves when the studio get cleaned so hopefully I'll score some brownie points with my other half.)
Have a good weekend folks!~