6.22.2009

As promised...

Wow..I can not get over how crisp my images finally are! What a treat....
speaking of treats, I'm working on all sorts of dishes for the my up coming show at Lark and Key Gallery which will have sort of a theme. I'm working on dishes with the idea of "confection". Its all in honor of my grandmother who at 98 still had a Hersey's bar at her bedside for what she would say was for "energy".
These glasses below are" root beer float cups". Here are some "cookie baskets". If you've ever visited Little Italy in New York, you should know the smells and sites of Italian Cookies. I have a recipe book full of these tasty treats from Gram and my fathers Aunts.
And finally below, here are the "Sunday boats". Ron had guessed it right on my blog a few posts ago but he sort of cheated because he called one morning when I told him I was still working on these. So...no prize there!
I still have some final touches on these to complete.
I have kiln going as I write. I'm testing some Terra Sig that is tinted a bit of orange. I'm really excited to see how it turns out.
I'll be posting more in the days to come.
Chow!


6 comments:

amy said...

Those root beer float cups are sweet (no pun intended)! Can't wait to see them in person on Wednesday.

Amy said...

beautiful forms! I wonder if you got a new camera. I love it that you are honoring your grandmother in this new way.

Blind Fly Theater said...

You are an inspiration, Jen, and keep me pushing myself to greater productivity (but how can I keep up with you?)

Ron said...

Hey! No prize! I waited for everyone else to guess! Ha.
Those cookie baskets are the coolest thing I've seen lately, nicely done! That's an idea you can run with. See ya tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

beautiful root beer float cups... wow! it's like i've never seen your work before, i guess that means the camera is a success. i can't believe how much difference it has made... more pics

Jen Mecca said...

Thanks guys...more photo's soon!