8.23.2009

Saturday thoughts

Last night I got to work a little bit in the studio. I cleaned and worked on some little soup/spoon rests. I like to use these to just work out new pattens and thoughts for designs. Simple exercises. Today was spent doing house and Mom stuff.

Still more thoughts on friends and sediments while I sat at the computer tonight working on Art History stuff and listening to some music.

This song brings back many thoughts from my days at VCU and leaving Richmond. Isn't it great to rediscover old songs!

Tomorrow, hopefully a little more organization. I want to take down all the plastic on the walls of my studio. Get rid of old posters and put up some cork boards to get organized with my calendar /events and keep track of how I'm pricing things and weights of items I make. Slowly I'm trying to get rid of being so "loosy- goosey" but I'm sure not all of that will go away. Its who I am and part of my charm.....I guess.

Enjoy a great tune by the band "THE SUNDAYS".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGBwU1sNfAU&feature=channel

5 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OMG the Sundays, that singer esp, are SO cute!

Jen Mecca said...

AH..this song just gives me goose bumps when I hear it. Wish they hadn't broken up.

jodi @ back40life said...

Hi - I know this is so random, but do you know Sandy from Barefoot Pottery? I was searching for her on google a bit ago and it looks like one of your 06 posts maybe referenced a sale she did?

anyway...just wondering if she has an online presence at all...my husband bought me some of her pieces 9 0r 10 years ago and we were thinking about trying to get a few more so I was hoping to track her down.

thanks much!

Ron said...

I love the Sundays. I saw them at a small club in Raleigh when I was in college. I miss going to hear great music. Look forward to seeing you on Monday.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

posted about you Jen, and the Sundays......