11.10.2009

And the flu goes on....

These little play dough cups where the only pots that got made today. Actually even though all three children where sick today and I was a little "wiggy-headed" myself, I managed to get my kiln load glazed and stacked today. Joey was awesome and stayed home to help with running everyone to the doctor and getting all the tama-flu and essentials for the long week ahead of us. Here are the pitchers I promised from my last post.
These where the start of little trays and some cream and sugar holders as well. They are all done now...but I know sometimes its nice to see pots in various stages of development.
This Sunday I spent time in the chicken-coop down the road trying to get some good Hen House shots. Coming up with interesting postcards is a new thing for me. Chickens are just so cool I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take some up close photo's of them. I wanted them to peek the gift box but after about a 1/2 taking many photo's of them, this is about as close as they wanted to get. I gave Joey all the artistic licence with the photo's to come up with a cool postcard for my home show. Stay tuned and we'll see what he comes up with!
I'm off to take more Tylenol.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, nice pots. Hope you all feel better. Happy belated birthday to Joey.

Get well.
-Dan

cookingwithgas said...

ah-choo!
I hope you are all better soon.
The Chicken shot is fun.

traceybroome@mindspring.com said...

Feel better soon! How do you do it?!? Three kids and you sick and you can still make pots and blog? I want some of whatever it is you're taking :)
I love the pitchers! It must be pitcher day, Hollis has a lovely one on his blog too.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy CATS I love your pitchers! Feel better!

jimgottuso said...

lovely pitchers jen... sorry about all the flu stuff, i think i'm a day away from being normal (hope i didn't jinx it)