11.10.2009

And the flu goes on....

These little play dough cups where the only pots that got made today. Actually even though all three children where sick today and I was a little "wiggy-headed" myself, I managed to get my kiln load glazed and stacked today. Joey was awesome and stayed home to help with running everyone to the doctor and getting all the tama-flu and essentials for the long week ahead of us. Here are the pitchers I promised from my last post.
These where the start of little trays and some cream and sugar holders as well. They are all done now...but I know sometimes its nice to see pots in various stages of development.
This Sunday I spent time in the chicken-coop down the road trying to get some good Hen House shots. Coming up with interesting postcards is a new thing for me. Chickens are just so cool I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take some up close photo's of them. I wanted them to peek the gift box but after about a 1/2 taking many photo's of them, this is about as close as they wanted to get. I gave Joey all the artistic licence with the photo's to come up with a cool postcard for my home show. Stay tuned and we'll see what he comes up with!
I'm off to take more Tylenol.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, nice pots. Hope you all feel better. Happy belated birthday to Joey.

Get well.
-Dan

cookingwithgas said...

ah-choo!
I hope you are all better soon.
The Chicken shot is fun.

Tracey Broome said...

Feel better soon! How do you do it?!? Three kids and you sick and you can still make pots and blog? I want some of whatever it is you're taking :)
I love the pitchers! It must be pitcher day, Hollis has a lovely one on his blog too.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy CATS I love your pitchers! Feel better!

Anonymous said...

lovely pitchers jen... sorry about all the flu stuff, i think i'm a day away from being normal (hope i didn't jinx it)