4.24.2012

So much to say...but so little time..

This Saturday and Sunday the Thrown Together crew will be having their Spring sale. From what I've seen of all my fellow "pottery pals" ....they'll have some pretty cool stuff! We also have three quests this time around which will offer more to choose from in the way of buying some good Mothers Day gifts.
Sort of true to form for me lately ( which in my eye's seems like for the last 3 years), I had one of my kiln mishaps so I'm not really sure what I'll have at this years sale. My switch went on my kiln and I have no way of fixing it before the this weekend. Stuff happens..right?

I found this great quote on Facebook today. It sort of summed up my thoughts on being a potter/creative soul.

“Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.” ~Mary Lou Cook


I also read a great article in ClayTimes last week about burning out and I had so many thoughts and feeling on this subject because I think I'm sort of there at times but, that conversation is for another time because I need to get some sleep and be fresh for my pre-K art students in the morning. If you haven't read that article you can click the link below.

( WOW, I had no clue blogger had changed and I'm a little lost with this new format today! )


http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/claytimes/2012spring/#/50

15 comments:

Linda Starr said...

So true about pottery that's for sure; hang in there. Hope you have a great sale.

littlewrenpottery.co.uk said...

These things always happen at the worst times! Good luck

Susan Gallacher-Turner and Mike Turner said...

Love the quote. And so true...we need remember that mistakes are a very important part of the process. Hope your kiln gets fixed soon.
I love your eggs!

David McHenry said...

It's a shame that potters in the USA seem to be on the decline with only a few left.

You should check out one of the oldest potteries in the world that just got the Starbucks Mug American Mug and stein

gayacac said...

Cute work!
Check out workshops and RA programs in our website www.gayaceramic.com
http://gayacac.blogspot.com/

sewa mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for the information.

trade plumbing supplies said...

You can't be a good potter if you are not creative. I really like this thoughts because we can also apply this to our other activities. We can't make a perfect one if we are afraid to make a mistake.

assignments web said...

This blog is really informative for students who learn online. Thanks for sharing information with us regarding Business Plan Assistance keep continue.

learning ceramics said...

Yeah I'm learning so much reading your blog!! Keep it up :)

Tara the pottery wheel said...

Thank you so much for all your articles. I know you're probably pretty busy and don't like blogging but thank you :)

Paul A. said...

Hi, just thought I would let you know I visited your blog and enjoyed it, fellow blogger, at site.giftedpottery.com/blog.
Paul A., giftedpottery.com

Nikolaos Kontaxis said...

Hello! I am a Greek art dealer, dealing with extraordinary art. I enjoy sharing inspiration and ideas! Please dedicate one minute and follow this link for more ideas:
bit.ly/greekartdealer

Trade Show Booths Knoxville said...

Beautiful post here. I really love pottery.

Jasa SEO said...

Nice article! Please update.
Thx

Kanopi said...

Please visit :

Kanopi
Teralis
Toko Bunga Online
Toko Jakarta
GLutera