12.17.2006

Fairy houses, Charlottes web and Santa

( My tec guy is asleep on the couch so I have yet to figure out why I can Not put HeatMiser up but I'll get on that tomorrow.....Plus the other photo's I need help with. Seems I forgot how to upload them this evening).

Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat................................Well you know the rest. We went and visited Santa Saturday. Joey and I like to take the kids to this nice hotel called "The Balentine" in Charlotte to see Santa. The mall Santa just seems not very believable to me. Here its a small room, the kids get to write out there list, put it in a mail box, decorate cookies, get a little stuffed animal and talk to elves( plus the photo opt....and yes, its not for free). The girls seemed to really love the elves this year. They kept wanting to talk to them. Santa, was not a huge hit with anyone really. Quid kept looking at him in a skeptical way and finally he told me that THAT Santa was just a helper. Already I'm trying to figure out what male friend of mine I can pay to put on a Santa suit and climb up on our house!! As for the girls, really there is nothing super appealing to any female about a large man with a face full of hair and a silly suit trying to get you to sit on his lap! Of course the allure of a free stuffed animal did work for about 2 minutes and we were back to the female elves. Quid just mostly stared at them.

Now Fairies on the other hand are very believable to my children. Infact, Quid has been working on a farie house in the back yard for a few days now. Friday I took some photo's of it and helped them build another one. He has another little friend who he learned all about fairies from and I of course keep this mystical lie alive as well.

I have a kiln going tonight. Just a last minute easy bowl order. I did a little decal test the other day. I got some decals for my class last session but we haven't gotten around to finishing them yet. I had some pots lying around that I wasn't to attached to and I just played around with some bee decals. It was kind of cool and maybe something to think of in the further. My studio and kiln shed are a total wreck and driving Joey crazy so I told myself this evening that around the 28th or so I'm going to do a total cleaning and re-organizing of my spaces. Once again the cats drug in part of a squirrel for me........ahhhh. I can not figure out how a cat can catch a squirrel because they are so mean! Knock on wood I've had no birds of late.Nothing worse than those little skinny bird legs sticking up towards the sky after being pull down out of it.

(Sorry for that end note) We all went to see Charlotte web today...go see it, you'll want a pet pig!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the heatmiser reminds me of an evil Elton John. I would love to own a goat and chickens but Chuck says no way - so I guess a pig is out of the question.

Anonymous said...

the heatmiser reminds me of an evil Elton John. I would love to own a goat and chickens but Chuck says no way - so I guess a pig is out of the question.

Jen Mecca said...

Once Jr. starts walking you won't want anything else to have to run after!