12.25.2006

Merry Christmas to all


A very Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you had a wonderful day with the ones you love to be with! Our kids had a banner year. I had no idea of all they where going to get. There Aunt and Paternal grandmother made them a huge puppet theater along with about 12 puppets!!!( Joey's mom is a wiz when it comes to sewing...She is amazing). Anyways, they where all very, vary lucky little kids. As every generation says" we never got all this stuff!". I think every year I decide I've gotten to much for everyone but I enjoy giving gifts and wrapping them is the best part!

My studio is looking very lonely and I'm getting antsy to get out there and clean, organize and than throw some bowls. After Christmas for some reason I like to throw bowls to get back in the swing of things. Most of the time I'm making bowls for various organizations that do fund raising for the poor. I also donate bowls to our church for a fund raiser the youth do. This year I have a lot on plate already for the new year so I really need to get going. I have a show the first of February and I really only have about 10 pots worth selling out in my studio! That's something that has not happened in the past so I've got to get going. I think I'm going to buy some nice red low-fire clay and mess up my wheel a bit and have fun with these bowls this year. Nothing like a little something new to start off a new year!

No comments: