12.02.2006

FINALLY I can enjoy December


Last night was my last show and boy today I am so glad. We our opening at Clayworks and I think it went really well. Lots of people, lots of sold pots. The student work on display also looked really good I thought so maybe we are pushing along with our pursuit to be the best place to do ceramics in Charlotte. I think our goal is to be like Baltimore Clayworks, which would be really cool. I would love to be associated with a clay center that had some great shows. Speaking of shows, Charlie Cummings Gallery has a cup show that is up for all to view. I have two teabowls in it and boy are there lots of great cups to purchase on line. I think also 3 more people in my Circle of 8 group are in the show as well! Our show at Wooden Stone is about to come down and I finally got some photo's of the display I'm going to post in the next few days.

Today we went and got our Christmas tree and tomorrow Joey and I are going Santa shopping. I'm really looking forward to spending some time just hanging out with my hubby and having some fun shopping for the kids. Today we had our annual Christmas photo taken( well, we have only done it the last 2 years). I use to hate to get posed shots of kids on Christmas cards but these days it seems to be a good idea, plus its fun, I have to admit to get my girls all decked out. We opted to get a family portrait made this year and didn't I go and mess with the color of my hair the night before. BIG mistake. I looked like "Heatmiser"( if you all know who that is, he's a character in a one of the 60's animated Christmas stories about Santa Clause) anyways, I had to wear a scarf around my head to hide my big mess-up............oh, the things I get myself into. Atleast I always have a good story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Heatmiser! Funny you mentioned that. I just bought that on DVD. One of my favorites. Chuck is at work tonight so Eli and I watched and now sadly I am watching Rudolphs Baby New Years alone. I have been tempted to dye my hair lately. I feel like a mom blob. Still working on taking off the mommy weight.

Jen Mecca said...

The mommy blob are a hard road to walk. ( I have yet to get up that hill). I am now Mortisha Adems and I hate it! I think I'm going to have to go get someone who knows what they are doing to fix me. DON"T dye your hair, you'll regret it!

Ps. I have always loved Mr. Heatmiser!!!