Below is a finished box where I started thinking about the house idea I had attempted a while back. I didn't really want to add windows or if I did, they would have to be just representational. Haven't gotten to the point yet. I'm still sort of struggling with how to use the terra sig on my surface. (One more step in my decorating process.) Perhaps I need to also investigate another kind of drawing tool because I'm not sure I care for what I'm using on this. This all could change after they come out the bisque and I add some stain. Each stage offers new information for me.
These are some different finials than I normally put on the top of things. When I see these at this stage the terra sig looks sloppy to me. Its hard for me to see past this to the final fired product. I guess I need for these to get bisque before I scratch this surface idea. Time also to consult my "pottery crew" for constructive criticism!
This weekend we spent Saturday night with our group of York friends. All our children have grown up together because a group of us women use to rotate keeping each others kids at a mother morning out group. This was a great way when I was new mom to meet other mothers and get some free studio/work time. Its a great feeling to have known all these children and watch them grow and change over the last 9 years. These women have also been wonderful friends to me and we have helped each other out with various life "situations". It sort of like being in a family because we all have different interests and beliefs but we still we one big thing in common, motherhood and family and trying to do it all the best we can.