11.03.2006

Seagrove



I took my class to Seagrove today on a field trip. Only 5 people came on the outing which was kind of disappointing but of course, we all have lives outside of clay. Anyways, we had a nice time looking around today. It was a crisp November-fall day which was good for pottery visiting. We got a great guided tour of the NC Pottery Museum and went out to see Ben Owen 111 huge "compound". I have to admit, it doesn't look like the residence of a potter and this....I hate to say kind of bothered me. (Maybe it just made me jealous.....................naw......it bothered me.) Of course if I was not in "my potters shoes" and looking at the whole set up from just a consumers view, it would look very impressive! More power to him.

Anyways, here are some photo's of the kilns at the pottery center. Boy would I love to get my hands on that climbing double chamber kiln! I love driving around Seagrove and just seeing all the chimney stacks from all the kilns at the different potteries. It is a whole different world out there. ( We have got to get out to the country and win the lottery so I can have my studio and kiln). Ron Philbeck...if your reading this you don't know how lucky you are!

No comments: