4.24.2010

"Trunk" out come...

I had a great week with my kiln!Strange statement I guess but some weeks my glazes and kiln just work the way they are intended to, all uniform, not to much running and an even temp. all the way around. Other times...well not so well and I need to re-fire stuff. ( This is why I'm still looking for that magic glaze that will do it all for me!) Until than, I'll just keep working with what I have. I know I'm THIS close to getting the glaze recipe I want. So I packed up Friday and headed to Charlotte with a nice selection of work. I had a great weekend hanging out with my old friend Lisa Oakley and her brother and sister-in-law that hosted this event for us.
I have to admit we did not have the traffic as in previous years but we had a such wonderful time drinking wine, chatting and eating that even if we were not brimming over with visitors, it was OK.

Here are just a few shots of Lisa's glass and some of my pots mixed in. We pretty much took over the whole living space besides the bedrooms. I couldn't get photo's of all the spaces that had either glass or pottery displayed on them but I did manage to snap a few.
I really think these small intimate shows work well in this sort of economic climate. Someone invites you to set up in their home, they invite friends along with your customers and in return you give them a piece of work or maybe a discount of some sort for all their effort and generosity for letting you use their home.
As I said, we didn't have a banner sale but I did manage to sell some work and Lisa took some pieces back to Cedar Creek so it was a win, win situation for a really busy month of getting everything fired and thrown. Its onto my next two shows in May..can't wait!

4 comments:

Ron said...

Looks great. I would love to do one of these type shows in someone's home. Maybe I'll put it out there and see what happens. Lisa's glass looks amazing.

vicki hartman said...

I love how you used the fireplace area, looks great! Also, I am writing a blog post on you and my new mug right now!

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

Everything looks great! The whole trunk show idea sounds very interesting. I remember hearing about one a while back, but tucked the idea away. Perhaps I will see what I can wrangle up around these parts. And glad you had a good week of firing. If only it could always be that easy.

ang design said...

yeh me too on the fireplace set up, the black really offsets your work and a nice combo with glass and jewelery.. boo on the 500 vases i thought those books were all about the images..oh well next one eh!! :)