5.31.2010

Memorial day weekend.....

So Friday was my birthday and right when I was ready to start the day in my studio finishing up all these pots below....my husband showed up at the door and told me he took the day off of work so we could go visit the new Modern Art Museum in Charlotte called the Bechtler.
It was a wonderful museum and had a great collection of works I had never seen before and a few painters I was not familiar with. I can't wait to tell my Art 101 students about it because one of their final projects is to go visit a museum and do a compare and contrast paper about two different works of art. I have to admit at times I said I don't care for Charlotte but I have to admit that downtown Charlotte is very clean and we do have some wonderful museums and restaurants so I guess I shouldn't complain anymore!



After a wonderful lunch we both headed home and than Joey took over with the children while I worked more on finishing up things ( well...not quit finished..) for my up coming sale in Raleigh next weekend.
Between my birthday, a recital that our daughter had a little solo in and the fact that Joey has a three day weekend has been just the ticket for a great Memorial day weekend. Today I have a glaze kiln going and tomorrow another bisque will go in. On Friday, Aydan and I will head to Raleigh for The Larkspur party. Can't wait!!

3 comments:

Linda Starr said...

what a great treat going to a modern art museum, I must search some out around here. Have a great sale at Larkspur.

Tracey Broome said...

Hey, Happy birthday! Museum visits are going around I see. Wes and I had fun at the museum this weekend too. I really miss downtown Charlotte, when we lived there we took advantage of all the great museums, restaurants and theaters and had so much fun! Looks like you had a great weekend, good for you.I'll try to get over to Larkspur, but it is already looking like a bust weekend for us.

vicki hartman said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! What a sweet thing for your husband to do for you! Glad you had fun, now good luck with all the work!