4.09.2009

Finished stuff

I clicked these quick shots a few days ago...maybe it was last weekend in fact! These salt shakers below where a sort of re-do. The cradle needed some occupants so I made a different set of shakers to go in there and low and behold, they worked. Here are the jam jars. The little spoons did turn out and you can see the handles sort of poking out the side. Well, now that I think of it, only the aqua jars came out, the green ran really bad and are sitting in my shed waiting to be chipped off. ( Boy I hate when that happens). I'm planning on making a little dish for these guys to sit on. Something about just the jars alone with the spoons doesn't sit right with me.
I finally got myself to the store to buy some clean plastic containers for mixing glazes. I also went through all my glaze recipe's to see what I could find to test. I'm looking for a new base glaze because I've come to the point where I don't have time to deal with all the run-off my glaze enjoys doing from time to time. Its is a beautiful glaze body but I think I may be able to come up with some equally as nice and vary the pallet a bit more.
I've had some very busy weeks and days lately. I'm really looking forward to the summer and just hanging out with my kids. Today McKenna and I are home"sick" with something. Hopefully by this weekend we'll be set for the Easter bunny.

1 comment:

Gary Rith Pottery Blog said...

sorry you're sick, but these are wicked cute pots!