9.16.2010

Dinner ware show

I'm happy to be a part of what looks like a pretty neat show going on up in Worcester Mass. the end of September. Wish I lived closer because nothing is better than alittle wine tasting to go along with buying pottery! Here is the set I packed up yesterday. I'm trying out a new sunshine yellow. Tell me what you think! I do still love my amber but I have issues when it gets to thin turning a really horrible shade of brown that just is not at all appealing on my pots. Always something with glazes..isn't it?
I'm forging on with all sorts of things to do today. Mailing lists, packing more pots, stopping by the kids school before my class for lunch ( and to snoop) on the girls than off to ballet and tap class with the girls. Quaid is a real trooper sitting in a room with a bunch of Mom's and little ballerina's for an 1 1/2. As long as I bring him a good snack and a book, he's good to go! The evening will be spent in my studio and hopefully my right hand guy will get home from work at a reasonable time so we can tag team getting everyone in bed.
Hope everyone is having a good week!

7 comments:

Lori Buff said...

I really like the yellow, it looks and feels happy. Good luck with the show.

Sue Pariseau Pottery said...

Love the yellow and it's such a nice compliment to the green.

Linda Starr said...

congrats on the dinnerware show and I agree with Lori and Sue about the yellow.

cookingwithgas said...

your pots will be great in this show!

Quietly Otaku said...

mmm wine tasting you say! I've always had problems with some glazes as they get too thin or thick giving either a shine or mat finish where personally I prefer a shine.

Glazing is challenging me too at the moment, any tips would be appreciated!

claydancer said...

I love the color chartreuse and this seem a little like that with the yellow. Yummy!

Susan said...

I'm loving these glazes and the patterns. The forms are great as well.