9.28.2010

The Great Wall

As I was letting my students finish up a project today I was thinking how great the walls are around the Clay Studio at Winthrop. Jim Connell has been running this department for a very long time and what a collection of invitations and cards he has! Every wall outside of the clay studio doors is covered from one end to the other with all sorts of pots! I love during teaching breaks to just come out here and see how various potters have evolved over the years.
I think I even found an old group show card that had one of my old pots on it!

In the Studio
I have been slowly taking quick photo's of items that have been drying. Most of these leather hard pots are now in the kiln or waxed to be glazed. I think we can all agree that bisque pots are not at the prettiest stage for taking photo's so I've left a good bit off the camera roll.
Saturday is the big day of the THROWN TOGETHER sale! 10-4pm......can't wait! I'll get some directions posted on here in a day or so.
Happy Tuesday folks!

5 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

that is such a cool wall! We had a small version at the Artscenter where I teach but the new coordinator took them all down and painted all the walls. Such a clean studio but no inspirational pictures anywhere. I kinda miss them. I saw your pieces on display at the Campbell House yesterday, they looked really great. Too bad you guys won't be there :(

cookingwithgas said...

We had a great wall in our studio and they were all eaten up when we had the fire.
I miss those all postcards!
This looks like a great wall!

Jen Mecca said...

Hey Guys! It is pretty cool. Some old images on here that I've never seen before by potters that I'm not sure are even making stuff anymore.
You all have a blast at the opening.
Jen

Connie said...

Wow!!! That's amazing!!!

Steve McDonald said...

Love the pottery wall. Reminds me of the pottery grave yards with all of the cool but abandoned pots, like at the Archie Bray.