9.09.2010

Plates and Cups

Started to glaze these plates yesturday to send off to Mass. but found I was out of silica.....I needed to mix up some glaze. One bad thing about living out in the country is that fact that I don't live just 15 minutes away from the nearest clay supply shop. ( But..who does right? ) I ended up making clay yesturday instead.....
We are headed to the beach for a few days. We enjoy going later in the season when the crowds die down. Next week I'll be throwing, throwing, throwing ....getting ready for the THROWN TOGETHER show/sale. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

cookingwithgas said...

Hey- went to the Asheboro show the other night and as I was looking at three of your wall pieces and thinking- gee I might want one of those- bam! Some one bought all three!
That's what i get for thinking!
Oh- and those egg cups...divine!

Linda Starr said...

Have a good time at the beach; I think I'm an hour from the nearest clay place; everything else is close except that, maybe that's a good thing though I might be tempted to buy too much stuff.

Glad you posted these plates, I think I'm making my plates too thin.

Unknown said...

Not only do I live less than 15 minutes away from my clay supplier, I work for them on Saturdays. I count my lucky stars that they are so close. I meet people all the time that drive from the East Kootenays in British Columbia to Calgary for supplies and that usually translates to, at the very least, 3 hours driving each way.

ang design said...

ahhh cup of silica that's where your neighbour comes in handy.. Ron!!

connie said...

I live an hour and a half from my clay suppler, and they are that friendly.