2.04.2009

Middle of The Week


Tomorrow night I will be in Shelby at the Cleveland County Arts Council for a show called Treasures of The Earth. If you read Ron Philbecks blog or Vicki Gils, they have mentioned this show as well in there posts. If you'll notice, I've added a few more shows to my side bar. Slowly my calendar is filling up which is great. This is what gets me really motivated! Today I spent most of my day setting up for that. No time in the studio. This evening the temp. is in the teens and even though I use to layer and deal with the cold last winter, I just can't bring myself to do it this winter. I have extra day time to work ( so I'm telling myself) this year so I figure I can take a few nights off and do "inside" work. Tomorrow I have NO errands to run, kids functions to be at or other work related things so I can just be me, quiet and to myself in the studio. I'm kind of looking forward to that!

Yesterday I went Ice Skating with Quaid's class. Here we are and here he is on the ice. He was a trooper and finally got the hang of it. I was suppose to teach at this time but my friend Julie helped me out and taught my class for me. It meant a lot to Quaid to have me there and I'm thankful I can have such a flexible career to do this.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Thanks for the visit and HOLY CATS your work is HAWThawthawt!!!!! HOT!
Ithaca does not have peace pottery any longer, that I know of. Still has plenty of snow and ice and wind and clouds.
I am gonna keep an eye on this, I love your work!

Tracey Broome said...

Jen:
You'll never regret the time you take off to be with your kids at school things. I still go on field trips with Wesley's class and have a lot of fun.I've noticed over the years the best kids I teach are the ones whose parents come along on school trips and participate when we have things for the family to share. The troubled ones are those whose parents I have never even met. Plus you overhear the weirdest stuff in their conversations!