1.17.2010

Not much done...

I don't feel like I've gotten very much done in the last few days. I didn't work in my studio on Friday because I doing some deliveries on Friday ( yes that is considered work....)

Yesterday I spent the day trying to figure out how to get my shelves and other things from Bennett Ceramics out of the box. What a mess!!! I sat and pondered this situation for I'm sure 15 minutes every time I opened another box thinking to myself , " Surely there is a better way to get this junk out of here?".

My friend Sandy Singletary called a few weeks ago to tell me she was moving and offered me any sort of raw materials I needed so this took up part of my Saturday as well. NO complaints there because I love chatting with Sandy and it was so nice that I got all this stuff for FREE! What a friend.......

I had to think about where it was all going to go and do some cleaning for that as well.

Mckenna came out here and there to show me a story about a two friends and an guinea pig. I had to spend some time with the kids as well...plus my sister was visiting. SOOOOOOOOO...

Today I'm locking myself on the porch so I can throw. I get antsy if I think I'm behind on things and I'm sort of feeling this way...(or maybe I've just had to much coffee over the last few days.)

3 comments:

Ron said...

When I got my shelves and posts from Bennett's I had the same packing. Crazy foam!! At least they over pack. Everything of mine arrived in excellent shape. (I highly recommend Bennett's, I've bought all of my equipment from them).
Anyhow good luck getting pots made today. I have plates that have been under plastic for 3 days now! Hope they are still trimmable.

Jen Mecca said...

Yah, they do come in excellent condition but geezzzzzzz all the foam ( enviroment...yahda, yahda) I hate touching foam and I guess I was just in a irritable mood about it yesturday becuase I was trying to think of everyway possible that could touch it as few times as I needed to. Maybe I should have just called the kids out to rip into it...of course then it would have been all over the back yard and Joey would have had a fit! Guess I should have bagged it all up and reused it.

Good luck with the plates! Jen

Anonymous said...

weird packing but i guess it must work... great pic of mckenna and the story, very funny... that raskul