2.20.2008

Ideas and more ideas

I got all the red clay cleaned up and out of my studio (plus the pugmill...what a job) and I got back to my porcelain work this weekend. Currently I'm working on a small order that needs to go out next week. If you recall I was trying work out my "quest" for putting words on my pieces. The tiles I made worked for the most part but I was not happy with the pots I chose to write on. I did experiment with writting on plates with some of the left over red clay. Those have been bisqued and I think I am onto something with the possiblities a flat surface offers to many images. I made a great discovery at class last week that was waiting for me on the finished shelf. A dinner plate I was demonstrating engobes to my class last session came out really well! Here is the plate and I really like the quick jesture carving that I did around the edges of my flowers. I think I may be able to play around with some wall pieces/platters using engobes. Stay tuned for some examples as soon as I can move forward past my order.

My camera is down for the day....new batteries are needed. I have several mug shots to posts! Boy have we been enjoying some good coffee since Christmas.
(On a side note I asked my tec guy about why the spell check is not working and he said his wasn't either. Time to contact Blogger....)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I really like the colors and the movement of the design. Spell checker not working here either. Had to resort to the dictionary, how awful.
Looks as if you had a great weekend.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I had so much fun reading your blog and enjoying your pottery and reading about your family life. Congratulations on the high speed internet. I can't imagine life without it.

Jen Mecca said...

Yes...I too need to pull out the dictionary these days..but I'm always so pressed for time I'm still wingin' it. ( Not a good thing for me to do!)

Mary,
Thanks for the nice comment!Jen