2.27.2008

Middle of the week

I was trying to think of something momentous going on with Jen Mecca pottery this week but I have to admit it kind of the same old same old. I have a bisque going tonight for a show I'm in next week at City Art Gallery in Greenville Nc. They had kind of good idea for there business I thought at this time of the year. They are featuring new work by the artists they represent. I plan on sending them just some pieces they have not had. I think they kind of thought I'd have my soda work going at this time. I don't know about the rest of you potters out there but I don't always think gallery folks realize how long it takes to work stuff out. (Let alone build a kiln in my case.)


Friday I'm meeting with all my Circle of Eight folks. I missed the last meeting so I'm fired back up to chat about shows and stuff like that concerns keeping our group moving forward.


I got into a few more shows this week which was nice. Look for those to be posted in the next few days. When I was going over my calendar today I realised that I have a lot going on or due the end of March first part of April so I need to get hoppin' in the studio.


Here is my mug shot for the day. Its by Marty Fielding. I met him a few years ago through a friend of mine at the Pullen Art Center in Raleigh so this mug is pretty dated. He's someone who has gotten a lot of attention in CM these last few years and has burst on the scene so to say.



My first flowers to bloom!

4 comments:

Judi Tavill said...

I can NOT believe that you have daffodils...already...WOW!!!!
I can't wait for the sun to stay out...although, it is out today!!!
I checked out your work on that City Gallery's sight!!! It looks really great!!!!

Jen Mecca said...

Well thanks...lots of that stuff is kind of old and they need to get rid of those images but it is a nice gallery. Good people to work with.
Hope etsy is going well.Jen

Becky said...

Congrats on the new shows. I've been seeing some of the fired majolica (sp?) pieces that your students have been doing. They really look nice. Your daffodils are lovely. Love that you feature a different mug from your collection with your posts.

Jen Mecca said...

Keep checking the studio. We are working on trying to get the colors better. Last night we started mixing up our own colors. Its fun to do new stuff with the students. That is great group of students!
I saw your horse vessel. Very nice!Jen