6.29.2008

Weekend recap

Its Sunday evening and I just got in from finishing up some boxes and throwing platters.
My workshop went great yesterday. I had a good turn out and some great questions. I think everyone was interested in what I threw and how I finished things. I think the big draw was that everyone was curious to see how I inlay stain into the surface of my pieces. ( I could understand this since I wondered for so long as well!) I did take note that the next workshop I teach in the fall, I need to get some more interesting slides of some other pots and influences. I always wonder where everyone gets all those great slides when I go a demo. If anyone has some suggestions please let me know. The few that I have where taken out of different books and magazines and I seem to remember that you had to have a special lens to do this. At any rate, its on my list of things to do. I also managed to sell a good amount a pots which was an added bonus to the day!

Today was a great day of just staying at home and not running around at all. I got to spend time with my family, play with the kids, clean a bit, take a much needed walk with a good friend and work in my studio. This week will be pretty low-key. No camps for the kids, just good old home spun activities. Thursday morning I start a new class and I can't wait to see what everyone wants to tackle this summer!
I'm going to try to get some images up of pots tomorrow...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Emily Murphy said...

I too have every intention to add more (any) influence images to my slide collection. I have found that the best way to do it is to scan images on a flattop scanner and then have the slides made from that. Like from this: http://www.colorslide.com/

Although my preference is to hook up the laptop to a projector or screen. I feel much more comfortable with that than a slide projector!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the pictures of the plates with the drawings from your kids. I absolutely loved them! Do you have pictures of all four?

Jen Mecca said...

Thanks Emily for input on the slides. ( Wish I had a laptop to do a power-point presentation...maybe someday).

I'm going to ask either Ron or Amy to take some photo's at the opening so I can put the rest of the plates up on my blog. I made about 8 but only liked 3 of them for the show. I still like the idea but I think for the moment its out of my system. I'll keep the girls drawings up on the door and add new ones. Who knows, I may come back to the idea at a later date.
Thanks! Jen