2.21.2010

More box info.

If you haven't checked out Ron Philbecks blog in the last week, you should especially if you like boxes.

Someone asked me a few post back if I could explain step by step how I make my boxes and I thought "boy, that would be a good video idea". My only problem with that is..well..I don't know how to make one of those fancy blog video's that I keep watching on everyone elses blog. But, that doesn't mean in the future I won't get my handsome "tech guy" to try one out. Anyways..enough about my lack of savvy tech. skills! What I did want to point out is that Ron has two great video's on how to make a fairly simple box and he does such a great job of explaining all the do's and don't as well.
As for my boxes, here are a few more shots of the lid/flange and the inside of the box. These boxes are pretty time consuming and take lots of fiddling' to get just right, but I enjoy making them so I've allowed myself the time to just add all these details instead of trying to speed the process up.

I love the idea of opening up a box and finding a little surprise inside.

8 comments:

ang design said...

totally cool...com'on you can do it! most mobile phones have a video facility now..have a play i'm sure you'll figure it out..cheers ang

FetishGhost said...

Love the little surprise inside

Tracey Broome said...

If I can get a video up on my blog anybody can! I'm curious, do you make these boxes in a series and then take a break from them for awhile or do you keep them in a constant rotation? I find that if there is something that I make that takes some time I will make a few and then forget about them for awhile and then one day go "oh yeah, I forgot I used to make those". I think that is how I would be with these boxes.

Diane@Peaceful Acres said...

Your work is so unique and I love looking in! Those boxes must weigh a ton...they look pretty darn thick. Just the way I like them!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

just like last fall when you inspired me to make boxes, again I am inspired to make boxes :)

Ron said...

Thanks for the mention. Do you add that flange?

Jen Mecca said...

*Yes..I add the flange.

*The boxes need to be pretty thick for the tops to fit and not warp and I too like them to be sturdy.

*I do work on these like a productions piece. If I let them sit then it is to late to either trim,cut-down,add the flange and do the outside work. They take a REALLY long time but like I said, I think I enjoy that so I'm not willing to give it up yet.

*Guess we'll all have to sweet talk my hubby into doing a video someday. If I tried I think the camera would end up in my slop bucket!

Anonymous said...

i saw the videos at ron... i think they inspired a few folks. it'd be cool to see a few on how you make the boxes with the surprises inside.