6.18.2010

This week with my pug mill..

So here is my barring issue with the pug mill. Doesn't it look like a bear to get off? Joey and I will be back on the case in the morning to see if we can get this thing totally apart and put back together with a new ball barring. This evening we had to go out and get ourselves some new tools for the task. Wish us luck! We are sort of like Laurel and Hardy whenever we have to repair something.... I did start throwing a few pots the other day. I got some new clay to try which is a Standard Mix ( 130) porcelain. Its firing range is cone 6 -9 so we'll see if it works for me at cone 7. As Mike at Carolina Clay said to me the other day when we were discussing my clay issues " Jen, your sort of in a special little category...."! He gave me a few other bags of stuff to try also so maybe I'll report back on those as well.

Below is a photo Joey found of a sea of eager parents at the new Charter school we are hoping to get back into. You can play " Find Waldo" and see if you can spot Joey and I. I'll give you a hint..we are the two with extremely concerned faces in the crowd!
This week I volunteered on and off at Quaid's Boy Scout camp. There he is, my little scout! I had to teach the "Art Badge" to a bunch of little boys his age. Raising a little boy has been such a treat and he's a lot of fun to have around and watch grow. Mothers and little boys are just a unique mix. Especially if they are your first born!

4 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I like that line, you're sort of in a special little category, great photo of your son.

Jen Mecca said...

That was a good line because I always sort of sitting on that edge of all sorts of groups never wanted to commit to just one place. Its pretty funny...

Scott Smith said...

What did they say at the meeting? Anything new? Good luck with your pug mill and new clay.

jim said...

good luck with the pugger... i imagine i will be in a similar crowded school room starting next fall