5.04.2008

The plastic came down..

..and than there was summer!

Here is what my studio looks like in the winter.....

plastic everywhere to keep the cold at bay.


It is the best feeling to have my music going, my kids laughing outside, the breeze blowing through, the sunshine coming in and me..making pots. I think we must of had a good share of rain this spring because my Iris are blooming like crazy in all my beds. I love to look out everyday to see what has popped up. We still have an enormous amount of mulch to find a home for. We need to get going on our veggie garden this coming weekend if we are planning on reaping any of the rewards of planting.

Here is what my studio looks like in the summer. All screened in with what seems like an open area in the middle of our grassy yard. No walls, just screen unless you count the little bit of plastic I leave up as a splash gard from my wheel.


It is a week of the fast turn around. Saturday is the Clay Guild spring show in Charlotte. I have a good amount of pots in stock so I'm making fillers and going ahead with my engobe tests. Mid-week I should have some results to post.

3 comments:

Judi Tavill said...

AHHHHH...
Spring.... summer... it's time... really sweet photo...

Judi Tavill said...

p.s. Jen... are you in the show at MT Burton? You should come in and hand out...I am about an hour from there...tops!
And Beach weather.. you get here and I'll take care of you!!!!
Don't worry, I'm not some weird internet stalker...

Jen Mecca said...

Your so nice to offer, thank you! Yes I am in that show and you came to mind when I got the letter. You should of entered that show!!!

One of my big sales in just a week after that so I"ll be swamped aroung that opening. YOu know how the end of school goes alos. Tons of parties, recitals...it never stops.
ONe day, I will get to some of these shows when the kids get bigger and I can be gone more from home.
Joey and I are already trying to figure out how we can take another trip to NYC!
Jen