5.28.2008

UMMMMMM...cake


I turned another year older today and enjoyed a day of quiet solitude and reflection with myself. Joey has made this week my"birthday Hanukkah"~ many fun days for me! I love birthdays and I come from a long line of women who love birthdays! I enjoy the actual day of my birthday because I really do like to think back on what I've done this year and what I'm looking forward to in the year to come. I was tickled last week to find a photo of my butter dish in Clay times. That was a good birthday gift. My son is learning how to appreciate the little things I do for him by making a special effort to tell me how much he enjoyed this or that. That's a great birthday gift. Both the girls are asking how to write words..yet another good gift. My goofy-lovable friend Mary Anna sang happy birthday to me on the answering machine in her best opera voice. That was a good birthday gift.
Now all I need is a cup-cake!

6 comments:

jbf said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had a good one.

jbf

Vicki Gill, potter said...

Birthday Greetings and congrats! Your butter dish looked so great in the index of the magazine. Didn't know it was going to be there and screeched "Yeah!" when I saw it.

amy said...

Happy Birthday girlie! Sounds like it's been a good one. I can't wait to get ahold of a clay times to see my famous friend in it!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Mecca,

Happy Happy Birthday. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it (all week.) I haven't seen Claytimes yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Lots of Love
Amy E

Judi Tavill said...

OH my!!!!!
Happy Happy Birthday!!!!
and what a nice family!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday- I hope all your wishes come true!!!

xo
b.

ps we LOVE our tumblers! Thanks for trading!!!!!!!!!!