3.19.2009

Death of a mug-Thurseday

Very unhappy morning. I went to put my morning buzz in the "selection" of the day..mug wise, and when I turned around, the coffee was leaking everywhere. My Marty Fielding mug finally kicked the dirt after about 8 years of serving our family well. So sad when you have to euthanize such a wonderful pot. In same ways its easy when it gets knocked off the table and tumbles into a million pieces. I guess at some point, hopefully I'll catch up with Marty again and get another one.
Here are few things I took some shots of this morning. These are jam jars. I plan on having a tray for them and maybe even some little spoons if I can work that out. I have such a hard time trying to come up with clever tray ideas. We'll see what comes out of my brain.



Below is a cookie jar. I had a great talk with my fellow Circle buddies about colors on Tuesday. I have beefed up my colored clay idea. You can see some of that in the sprigs I have on here.


Happy Thursday to everyone! Got to run..........

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

MOST gorgeous. Lovely forms!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Those jam jars are delightful!

Amy said...

hi... great to see pics and the article about you in the lake wylie magazine tonight at Clayworks! hope more of that comes your way.

Jen Mecca said...

Thanks guys!