10.02.2009

Friday before show

So far I've had really good kilns this week. Today will be my last one and hopefully my luck will keep going.

Here are a few more shots of some items for the kiln. I'm looking forward to some good crisp October weather and visiting with folks I haven't seen for a while. Hope everyone in the area who reads my blog will come out to say Hello this weekend!
Below are my grouping of "families". I really enjoy making these bottle forms, which I'm sort of surprised to say because I think I use to find tradition forms sort of boring to make. I of course have put my own spin on these so I find them enjoyable. You'll see a new "snowflake" color glaze to your left. Just something new I wanted to try with the aqua's and colored clay combination.This group are pots I'm going to keep. I am in a big need for new professional photo's made of my work. I sort of got a little angry at myself this week thinking that lately I just make stuff to fill orders and shows. Stuff gets made and goes right back out my door. I told myself that perhaps my display won't be the most filled but I need to keep what I feel like is my best work and get some photo's made. That internal voice sometimes just won't leave you alone!Here is a huge group of bowls.

Off to pack and clean!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pots jen... good luck at the show

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh Jen, I just adore your work....

FetishGhost said...

Those are beautiful!

jbf said...

Those are as a friend used to say, "beautimous".

I look forward to seeing them in person tomorrow rain or shine.

Good luck on the last kiln, I hope your streak continues.

Linda Starr said...

Beautiful vases; those darn internal voices are sometimes a pain in the neck, but then sometimes they are best listened too.

Ron said...

See ya bright and early.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

luscious work. hope the show goes well!