11.04.2009

Exhausting day....

I had an exhausting day with my online students. I had planned on a whole morning and part of the mid-day in the studio but found that I had to race back and forth to the computer all morning with student issues and complaints. Thank goodness this evening all my little one's went to bed on time so I could get out and work some more. That was a treat!

I've realized over the last two years that emails can really be upsetting if not written correctly. This issue has been played out a lot in my life lately. You always hear something different than what is really being written. I wonder what kind of effect this is going on have on our younger generations who only know the Internet as a form of communication? HUUUUUUMMMMMM

At any rate, I did get some work done in the studio today. Soup bowls, tumblers and I stated to stain some of my pieces for the bisque kiln. I'm hoping tomorrow that everything with my students will have died down and I can get some uninterrupted time being creative. We'll see!

6 comments:

klineola said...

Emails can be very easily misunderstood. Irony is impossible to convey! I think that's why I use the emoticons so much!

;-)

cookingwithgas said...

how true!
I have seen what I call "email wars " start over a line or word that someone reads different than what the writter intended.

Linda Starr said...

ditto on Meredith's comment.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

ooooph....

Anonymous said...

where i used to work we had to have a written guide for interoffice emails to attempt to ease this problem. limited success there, it's a minefield. sarcasm and irony do not translate well if the writer is not a... writer.

Jen Mecca said...

Yes we have something at the college where I work like that for students. I make them read it, but still...they can be nasty and don't usually want to talk to you face to face, just yell at you in emails.Sad....
But today is a new day so onward and upward!