12.30.2009

Finding folks....

Just a quick post.....

I snuggled into bed the other night with the new Ceramic Monthly and enjoyed reading a "studio visit" with a potter by the name of John Baumen. I enjoyed what he had to say about making work, his studio and how he felt about the web for a long time. Of course I got curious and looked him up. Sure enough he does have a blog and I wanted to support his efforts since we all are in the same boat. I think its cool how years ago I wouldn't even look at others potters work that was not at all like my own but now I find that if I enjoy what another potters has to say, I tend to really respect the work even if its not something I typically would venture towards. I think blogs have done such a great thing for getting everyone to connect who normally, most likely would not. The funny thing is the more we write and read what each other has to say, the more you can see a similar thread between us all that not just clay.


Just a side note....( when I get more time to iron out my thoughts I'll give my own thoughts on this subject)...Ron Philbeck's last post was about shows and forming groups, which of course I think is really a great thing. If your interested in this information click over there and see what he has to say along with the comments!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

4 comments:

Ron said...

Hey Jen that hyper link to John's blog isn't working. Here is the address for those of you who want it.
http://baumanstoneware.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to your post on group shows Jen. Later,Ron

Anonymous said...

hi jen, i met john a couple months ago at the big craft fair here in louisville... he's a great guy and his blog has some really funny writing if you get the time to check out some of the older posts. i'm also starting to think something went wrong with my subscription to CM. maybe i should call them. happy new year.

Jen Mecca said...

Ron...I think I fixed his contact info..thanks.

Jim..cool that you got to meet this guy. Thanks for the heads up on his blog. You know I love to read blogs with humor! jen

Gary's third pottery blog said...

happy new year!