5.05.2010

Cinco De Mayo to you!

Happy Cinco De Mayo folks!

I'm getting ready to head to my twins classroom this afternoon with a huge plate of fruit screws. I'm one of the Mom's hosting a Cinco De Mayo party for the 1st graders. Don't these look good!Its also my Mom's 70th birthday today so I've been planning a huge surprise party for her. My Mom is great and has been a super role model for me. I could not have asked for more support/guidance through out my life so spending some of my time putting together a celebration for her is the least I could do. She is also finally retiring from over 45 years of teaching. If it wasn't for her sticking up for me and my dyslexia issues I probably wouldn't have ever gone to college. So..I guess since Mothers Day is around the corner. Here, Here for my mom!
Just a few shots of things from this week. Batter bowls and plates.
I have mugs and tiles drying as well. Its nice to almost have my finger back in work order!

5 comments:

-Rob, Simple Circle Studios said...

Nice stuff! I like the thick rim on those batter bowls. I have been working on a few of those myself. How big are they? (I think I made mine a bit small) And do you not put a regular handle on them? Very cool. Happy birthday & such to your mom!

Connie said...

Happy Cinco De Mayo to you!! I'm glad to hear your finger is on the mend. Happy Bday to your MOM.

andrea gardiner freeman said...

Love your Mom story and your bowls.
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
~andrea

Tracey Broome said...

Should first graders really be witness to fruit screwing haha! (just kidding!). I totally forgot about Cinco de Mayo, we had Chinese takeout :(
I had to go with Gerry to buy a new car today and forgot my holidays!
Love the mom story to, mom's should get shout outs every day!

cookingwithgas said...

love the bowls and the fact you have a great Mom!
No wonder you are such a great Mom yourself!