7.02.2010

Getting there

I'm slowly pulling out of my pottery funk. So funny how I think we all go through that. Atleast I know my pottery " pals" here do and its nice to have folks to talk to about it. I've been meaning to try some simple molds that don't need plaster so I played with these a bit yesterday while also making some lillie vases and butter dishes. We'll see if these pop out today. My pal Amy Sander was talking about how to do these awhile back so I thought I'd give them a shot. Pretty easy, just put some cooking spray in the mold, do some coils and they are suppose to pop out! If they don't, I'll be visiting with Amy on Tuesday so if I have any issues at least I can get right back to this idea next week.

Looking forward to July 4th weekend and the fact that it is Friday.

1 comment:

Tracey Broome said...

I think we all go through this funk. If you read back over anyone's blog there is a place where a funk is being talked about. I know I have had a few and whined a bunch about it! It's sort of like reaching a plateau with your art and knowing that you are about to take it to the next level and not knowing quite how to do it yet. Just do something, anything even if it isn't the right thing yet, that's what I do. I think working on the molds is a good starting place. I have one of those rectangular molds, works great! You'll be fine, your work is solid and beautiful!!