3.20.2007

Mud Mama's

Here is the URL for Mud Mama's www.mudmamasandpapas.com
I think in a previous post I spoke about the lecture I attend on being a mud mama. Well I thought I'd post the URL for those of you who would like to get on there and talk. ( I tried to log in today and post something but....me and computers don't always get along and understand each other so once again I'm going to have to consult my tec guy on what I'm doing wrong). I'll try to get that up here soon so you can check it out. I got an email from Lana Wilson saying they really needed some activity on it to get the forum up and going. It looked like they spent a lot of time putting together the web-site so I'd like to support it. So far since I've been back I've really been thinking about a quote by one of the mom's about having to move heaven and earth to get to NCECA. This terms hits home for me a lot. My family does so much for me so I can do what I love.
Today I was thinking about how I have to really think and prioritise what I do with my free time on the days all kids are gone for awhile. Today I had to run errands so one hour of my work time was lost. When I got in the house there where toys everywhere and dishes ect. but I focused and realised I needed this quiet time to work on my mailing list for the up coming show my group is having. I knew that the time I had left by myself would not be super productive in my studio and I needed to save that for the evening. I did get back in my studio this evening and started throwing. Of course I started with my favorite items.....mugs.
I found out last night that I got wait listed for the ACC show here in Charlotte. I felt pretty good about that even though I'm pretty down on the list. At least I got a foot in the door so to say and I'll keep trying. I have some other big shows I'm going to shot for so I'll cross my fingers for those as well.

4 comments:

Judi Tavill said...

jen- so tired- so much to say but i'll try to be brief...
what is the mud mamas adress- tried to find it but no luck.... everything that you ever say seems to ring true with me... my epiphany the other day has to do with allowing myself to explore new ideas and not to feel that i must be so true to my growing concept... my latest stuff in a show is on my blog...but now i'm allowing for a little more whimsy.... and why not... who do i think i am.... i'm not voulkas, not duckworth.... and obviously not on the julia galloway track.... so as moms... why not truly enjoy the work that we do- especially in your case if it is selling... sometimes i get so bogged down in my head about the work and the future and really- what is the point.... do what you enjoy... push creatively and technically when you can but ease up on the tough love... if only i could take my own advice...nitey nite
judi

Jen Mecca said...

All that you say is true, it is all about taking it one day at a time and as many times and we say we will not beat ourselves up, we do and than we start back at square one.

I just put the URL up on my site. I had trouble getting on there, maybe you'll have more success.j

Judi Tavill said...

jen- thanks for the url... i signed up- not alot going on now on the site tho... also- any ideas for a good looking inexpensive(????) way to do a 10 x 10 booth set-up? i have been investigating.... if i do try to do a bigger show they all ask for a slide of your booth... the booth I do not have- I've done a table only...ps congrats on the acc show.... i know that's a good one.
judi

Jen Mecca said...

Well, I now there are places you can send away for pedistals...cardboard ones. I had my set-up made and it cost me $800. I think I had some photo's of it in the past. They are just shelves with boards that go through the slats. If you go to any crafts shows, lots of potters have these. In the past I would go to shows and take photo's of people's set ups. People come up with some pretty creative things. I needed something I could haul myself and get into the truck. Hope that helps