4.30.2008

Taste of Art Fridays

I've been getting ready for a demo I am doing on Friday. Taste of Art Fridays is an evant that the Mint Design and Craft Museum in downtown Charlotte has been hosting I think for about a year or so. My friend Amy Sanders was the first one ( I think ) to do one of these demo's and she was nice enough to give my name and my trusty blogger pal Ron Philbecks name also. Ron will be doing the demo in June.
I've been figuring out what to make before hand to finish while I'm there and what I can throw and add to during the demo. The demo lasts about an hour and a half. I have to admit I'm a bit nervous just because a venue where people are coming and going and maybe talking while I'm trying to do a demo is something I have not experianced before and I wonder if it will throw me off a bit. Its kind of that old notion that if to much is going on around you, its hard to stay focused on what your doing. This was kind of true the other night at All Fired Up but atleast I was in an enviroment that I'm use to. So..we'll see how it goes!

Joey is re-doing my website. What a guy! I felt like the photo's where pretty out dated and it needed a good overhaul. I'm so cuious to see what he comes up with!

1 comment:

klineola said...

I'm sure you'll be fine, just have fun. I know, easier said than done.

I also enjoyed your post on the kids drawing/books. I get inspiration from my girls books all the time.